Do Us All a Favor & Read the Rest of Your Bible
|Slavery was okay in the Bible, ma'am. 50 years ago it was illegal for you to get married, ma'am.|
- Do you include salt, in offering to your God? If not, you're sinning.
- Do you eat fat in your diets? If so, that's supposed to be saved for the offering to God.
- For my God fearing 'right to bear arms' type of hunters -- have you touched an unclean animal? (Meaning touching the carcass of a dead animal, draining the blood, etc.)
- Do you eat animals that doesn't both chew cud and has a divided hoof? (ie: camel, rabbit, pig)
- Do you eat shrimp scampi, lobster, clams, oysters, mussels, crab meat - any shellfish whatsoever?
- Do you wear clothing made of more than 1 fabric?
- Have you gone to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy? It's an "unclean week" for her, which is seen as another sin in the Old Testament. Same applies to a girl, but that's within 66 days.
- Have you sat next to a woman during her period or worse yet, had sex with her during this time?
- Did you shave your beard?
- Have you cut the hair on the side of your face? (Side burns or the curls of an orthodox Jew.)
- Do you have a tattoo?
- Have you ever gone to a psychic?
- Did you know that it's a sin for a woman to get raped. Yep, you can read that again. Unless you pay the father a certain amount of money, then it's "okay" in "God's eyes".
- Do you still believe slavery is okay?
- Did you know that there was a death penalty for saying the Lord's name in vain, all from Leviticus?
So before you start cherry picking your scriptures, it might be in your best interest to actually pick up the Bible and read the rest of it.
For more of Deb's articles, please visit: www.debrapasquella.com or join her on Facebook and Twitter. Check out her cooking blog for some of her famous recipes!