"He got arrested and he didn't do anything!"
Just last week I overheard a younger woman in the restaurant we were at saying, "Oh yeah, watch -- when Hillary wins, Trump is gonna keep saying, 'It's rigged!'"
And now look what's happening? People are now saying that the polls were rigged and that Trump didn't win fairly. They're also trying to rid of the electoral college, which to be honest, I don't quite understand why they even have that. But right now, we have to accept President Trump. We have to move on, connect with one another, unite...not fight. We have to move past the stereotypes of what a "republican" means and draw forth a new and much more progressive party.
"But aren't you concerned about your rights? You're a lesbian and married to a woman. Aren't you afraid that he'll repeal marriage equality?"
No. Not at all. And I will tell you why it doesn't scare me: congress and the states pass those laws, not the president.
"But Pence wants conversion therapy."
No. He is OK with those who want to live (by choice) a heterosexual lifestyle, voluntarily. He believes in Freedom of Religion. A small business owner, like a bakery can refuse to make a cake for their wedding due to their religious background. Walk out, and go to another bakery. You cannot force people to do things for you.
My biggest fear, is to relive the day of 9/11.
"Oh but that was an inside job!"
OK, then we get rid of the establishment, who's to blame for this conspiracy theory.
I also fear Sharia law has already been established here in America. And if anyone is against it, they're called an "Islamphobe". Do you even know what the Sharia law stands for?
- Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand.
- Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
- Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
- Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
- A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
- A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
- A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
- A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
- Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
- A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
- A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
- A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
- A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
- Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
- A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
- A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
- A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
- A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
- A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
- Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
- Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.
"But Trump's a racist! Isn't your wife Latina?"
No, he is not a racist. Twist and turn the words all you want, but he is supportive of every nationality. He wants to tighten our borders, because yes, they ARE bringing in drug dealers and rapists. It's all there documented if you want to research that for yourself. He is not against black people. He is not against Mexicans. He is against radical Islam, but not against Muslims. Did you know that there are many Muslims who support Trump? Did you know there are gays, blacks and Latinos for Trump? It's because they did their homework, instead of hearing what they wanted to hear. They chose to listen, instead of twist the words. They chose to look at his policies and promises to protect our country. Aren't you tired of being scared here in America? I am.
As a lesbian woman married to a Latina woman, we were happy when Donald J Trump told us that he supported the LGBT community and that he would help fight for us. We were way too concerned about Hillary supporting countries who kill gays and lesbians. She's okay with that. I'm not. She was very adamant on her stance that a marriage should only be between one man and one woman. End of story. Trump has always helped the LGBT community, and now promising to help us with our rights. I'm not worried about Mike Pence. Most vice presidents really can't make those types of decisions.
I'm not rich, but I don't believe we should be taxing the wealthy just because they have more dough to spare. That's wrong. Whether they worked their butts off to get to where they are, or if they're from money -- it's not YOURS. I don't know why some Americans feel entitled to other people's hard work or inheritances. I will never understand that.
My parents had three children. As they were getting older, seven years later, my mother went to the doctor because she felt sick. When test results came back in, the doctor informed her that she was pregnant with me. She already went through the hardest parts of having and raising three children. SEVEN years later, now this? I'm sure it was a hard choice. She was young, in her mid-thirties now facing another sentence of raising a child. She didn't choose to abort me. She chose to have me, and when she did -- it was the hardest labor of all, because I was a breech baby. During a snowstorm in February, my foot came out. It was then she knew what was about to happen. Long story short, my mother and I shouldn't be here right now. It was such a traumatic birthing, that we were both in the hospital for a very long time. They had to literally turn me around in her belly. No c-section -- no pain meds. She went through pure torture. I respect that.
She waited it out, and she went through the most painful thing a person can go through.
There's bigger issues here. I understand everybody has their right to their different views, but when you look at the facts and horrific turnout of what the democratic party stands for, it's gotta make you think twice about electing a candidate that supports all of this.
And that is why I voted for Trump. I put aside all the bad things said and done by each candidate, and went purely based upon my views as an American.
Welcome, President Trump!
For more of Deb's articles, please visit: www.debrapasquella.com or join her on Facebook and Twitter. Check out her cooking blog for some of her famous recipes!