Primary Day Dilemma
Here's my dilemma. Not every pro-lifer is a republican. Not every person of the LGBT community is a liberal or democrat. Not every Christian is a republican either. Why do all of these political opinions categorize someone into a political party? I guess you can call someone an "independent" if they have various views on certain issues? Or maybe that's up to the person? Or, maybe the democrats and republicans all sleep in the same bed...?
My wife said, "Go with who feels right to you. Go with what your heart tells you."
How? I don't know these people at all! I don't know if Hillary's a "murderer" and a "liar" or if Sanders is the new "Hitler" and "communist". I can't tell you for sure if Trump's a true "racist" or if Ted Cruz is --- hmm, what is Ted Cruz?
So you tell me who I should vote for -- because if I don't vote, people are gonna yell, "People died for your right to vote! You have to do it!"
Here are some facts and values about myself:
- I'm female.
- I'm Christian, but respect other people of different religions.
- I'm a married lesbian.
- I'm pro-life - but feel that God gave us "choice" - free will, so why is it our business? And if you defund Planned Parenthood, you're taking away affordable medical care to those who need it. It's not all about abortions.
- I do not believe minimum wage should be $15 an hr. Mom & pop stores would go out of business or pay off the books, which is "illegal". Hmm, "illegals"... Many big companies like McDonalds would resort to kiosks and fire employees. Entry level corporate career people would beg for a raise, in turn, everybody else. ...Right? But in a perfect world, it would be nice if everyone could afford to make a living in this very expensive world. So, I really don't know how that would work out.
- I believe in tightening up our borders. I agree that with every 50 we bring in, there are 5 bad ones. That worries me. Our country is tired of terrorism. This world is tired of terrorism.
- But weren't we all immigrants? Or at least, our ancestors?
- I believe marijuana should be legalized for medical use only, but then why isn't alcohol banned since it kills so many people?
When we die and go to our forever afterlife, politics doesn't exist. But we're "here". And we want to make our world a better place to live in. Both democrats and republicans want a better place to live in. So why is either party "wrong"?
So I wrote an honest question in Google. It was a desperate cry for help. I asked, "Who should I vote for?"
It gave me this website. Click on it. It'll tell you who you mostly side with based on your political values.
So if you wouldn't mind, can you tell me the reasons why you are voting for a particular candidate? I'm asking because I would like to base more of my choice on my reader's opinions rather than a generated questionnaire.
For more of Deb's articles, please visit: www.debrapasquella.com or join her on Facebook and Twitter. Check out her cooking blog for some of her famous recipes!